The goal of the Annual Faculty Performance Review process is to provide a meaningful assessment of faculty productivity, promote the development of goals and expectations, foster and support faculty development and mentorship, and guide junior faculty in career advancement through formative discussions with senior faculty and the Department Chair/Division or Program Director.
This year, the Medical Center’s annual faculty performance review process will begin on Friday January 16, 2015. The performance review will cover the 2014 Calendar Year (Jan 1 to Dec 31 2014). According to our established process; all Tenured/Tenure-eligible track, Research track, and Medical Educator track faculty members will complete the Faculty Self-Evaluation Form.
The self-evaluation forms for all junior faculty will then be reviewed by the primary appointment Department/Division or Program Performance Review Committee, using well-defined anchors. This Committee will provide a summary of the faculty member’s performance to the Chair/Division or Program Director, who will then meet with the faculty member to review their performance and set goals/expectations for the next year. As in previous years, review of the performance and setting goals/expectations of tenured faculty members will be conducted by the Department Chair.
This online management tool will assist you in preparation of your annual faculty performance review report. Specifically,GUMC Professional will allow you to manage and prepare information regarding your professional activities, including education, research, publications, grants, courses, presentations, service, and mentoring.
While this process, if not already completed, requires a faculty member to spend time recording his/her accomplishments and look forward to the coming year’s activities and goals, this information will be very useful for other research and educational activities. For example, GUMC Professional can generate a biosketch in the appropriate formats for the National Institutes of Health and National Science Foundation, as well as curriculum vitae in the approved Georgetown University format.
To begin the process, please log on to GUMC Professional using your Georgetown NetID and password.
- For further helpful instructions on completing the Annual Faculty Performance Review, please view the GUMC Professional - Annual Review Quick Reference Guide.
- Enter information for the Self Evaluation summary sections - Effort, Primary Areas, Goals and Past Year Highlights - on the data entry menu of GUMC Professional.
- When the required information has been inputted, along with specific details of activities for the 2014 Calendar year (Jan 1 to Dec 31, 2014) period, you are ready to prepare a Georgetown Annual Review Report, using the specific menu options, including Research Support, Presentations, and Courses Taught.
- If the information entered includes data previous to the 2014 Calendar Year (Jan 1 to Dec 31, 2014), then filter that data so that only the relevant information is displayed. To filter date, select the Report menu option, and choose Edit next to the Georgetown Annual Review report option. A preview of the Report and each section will be displayed.
- There is an option to show or hide every record that has been entered in each section. For example, if research support information for the previous 10 years has been inputted into the system, you can choose the Hide icon, to hide the information that is not relevant for this review cycle.
- To preview your report before it is downloaded, choose the View icon. Only the information that you have chosen to Show will be displayed.
- When the report is completed, download the report as a word document by selecting the Word icon.
If you are unable to log onto the GUMC Professional system using your Georgetown NetID and password, you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an account.
If you need assistance navigating the system:
- Use the Help icon provided on the GUMC Professional website,
- View the GUMC Professional - Annual Review Quick Reference Guide,
- Send a request to Ms. Kimberly Walker, Office of Faculty & Academic Affairs, email@example.com or (202) 687-5326.
Faculty Evaluation Process - Important Dates
Self-Evaluation Forms should be generated through GUMC Professional and submitted to the Department Chair/Division Chief or Program Director on or before February 20, 2015.
Faculty Performance Review Committee meetings should be completed on or before March 13, 2015. These meetings can be initiated as soon as the Faculty Self-Evaluation Forms begin coming in to the Department Chair/Division Chief or Program Director. Department Chair/Division Chief meetings with faculty should be completed by April 10, 2015.
Completed faculty evaluations should be submitted to the Office of Faculty and Academic Affairs by April 10, 2015.