Appointments and Promotions Resources
Georgetown University Medical Center CV Format
The GUMC CV format is the only accepted format for applications for appointment or promotion. Click here for the GUMC CV template.
Committee on Appointments and Promotions
The committee on Appointments and Promotions meets monthly to review applications, with the exception of summer recess (August-September). To prepare, the applicant, Department, and Human Resource Contact (HRC) must work to submit a completed packet according to deadline submission dates.
For details on the step by step process from the preparation of the application packet to the Approved Faculty Appointment/Promotion:
Verify your faculty appointment by searching for yourself in the Georgetown University directory. If you find your entry, copy your NetID from the URL (your NetID appears after "contact.georgetown.edu/view/"). If you don't find your entry, contact Kimberly Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pick up your optional GOCard on Main Campus, the Law Center, or the School of Continuing Studies.
Attend Faculty Orientation and Open House, offered annually in September.
This online management tool will assist you in preparation of your annual faculty performance review report. Specifically, GUMC Professional will allow you to manage and prepare information regarding your professional activities, including education, research, publications, grants, courses, presentations, service, and mentoring.
While this process, if not already completed, requires a faculty member to spend time recording his/her accomplishments and look forward to the coming year’s activities and goals, this information will be very useful for other research and educational activities.
To request a GUMC Professional Account, please contact Ms. Kimberly Walker at Kimberly.email@example.com
Faculty Development Resources
New Faculty Portal
Our Faculty Portal will help you expedite for contacting your academic chair and find faculty mentors to help you with your education and research goals as well as more general career navigation.
Click here for Faculty Portal
Research Professional Resources
- Biomedical Graduate Research Organization (BGRO)
- Dahlgren Memorial Library
- Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Office of Sponsored Research
- Research and Clinical Trials
Education Professional Resources
- Center for Innovation and Leadership in Education (CENTILE)
- My Access Faculty Course Roster
- Center for New Designs in Learning and Leadership (CNDLS)
- Dahlgren Memorial Library
- Digital Imaging, Illustration & Graphics
- HOYA Computing
- Instructional Technology Design and Development (ITDD)
- Room Reservations via Virtual EMS - firstname.lastname@example.org (For room reservations)
- Resources for Faculty
- University Registrar (Schedule of Classes)
- Technical and educational support services (TESS)
- Medical Center Committee Rosters
Career Enhancement Skills
The Georgetown Writing Center offers free tutoring to faculty and students from trained graduate and undergraduate student tutors.
The office is located in Lauinger Library 217A, next to the Midnight Mug Coffee Shop.
Click here to visit the Georgetown Writing Center website or to schedule an appointment with a trained tutor.