Change in Track
Change in Track Checklist
Electronic documents should be submitted by your department administrator via Interfolio. Documents should be ordered and named in Interfolio as described below.
Discuss with your academic chair.
Before you do any of the below, you must first discuss with your academic chair and confirm the appropriate appointment or promotion for you. If you do not know your academic chair, you may find them through the faculty portal.
Faculty Action Request Form (FA-1NU or FA-1U)
- All sections of this form should be completed
- Form should be signed by both the applicant, primary department chair, and secondary department chair (if applicable)
- Non-University Employed: Faculty Action Request Form (FA-1NU)
- University Employed: Faculty Action Request Form (FA-1U)
- Chair’s letter of support is addressed to the Chair of the Committee on Appointments and Promotions, Dr. Max Riesenhuber
- Chair’s letter addresses prior experience and future plans for teaching, research, and service
- Should be dated no earlier than four months before submission via Interfolio
- Chair’s Letter Format
- The CV must be formatted using the GUMC template (approved in 2015) and signed by the applicant
- Sections that are not applicable should be indicated with N/A or deleted from the format
- CV Template
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Submit to the Office of Faculty and Academic Affairs (OFAA) at least 4 weeks prior to anticipated CAP review meeting. Please work with your Department Administrator or Human Resources Contact (HRC) to discuss the application process and when they need the paperwork from you before the deadline. See the CAP Review Meeting Schedule here. You can also view the schedule below:
|Deadline for Departments to Submit Applications||Appointment, Promotions, and Tenure Committee Meeting Dates: 11 AM|
|Monday, August 9, 2021||Monday, September 13, 2021|
|Monday, September 13, 2021||Monday, October 11, 2021|
|Monday, October 11, 2021||Monday, November 8, 2021|
|Monday, November 8, 2021||Monday, December 13, 2021|
|Monday, December 13, 2021||Monday, January 10, 2022|
|Monday, January 10, 2022||Monday, February 14, 2022|
|Monday, February 14, 2022||Monday, March 14, 2022|
|Monday, March 14, 2022||Monday, April 11, 2022|
|Monday, April 11, 2022||Monday, May 9, 2022|
|Monday, May 9, 2022||Monday, June 13, 2022|
|Monday, June 13, 2022||Monday, July 11, 2022|
Please note the above deadline dates apply to all faculty applications (all tracks except tenure appointments/promotions at associate professor or higher) that should be submitted to the Medical Center Office of Faculty and Academic Affairs (OFAA). These applications will be forwarded to the Medical School Committee on Appointments and Promotions (CAP) for action in accordance with the schedule indicated. Applications received after the deadline date will be held over until the next Committee meeting.