Every GUMC faculty member fulfills one common, basic requirement: to participate in the center’s educational mission.
As a GUMC faculty member, you are responsible for educating society’s future physicians, scientists, nurses, and other health care professionals.
The Office of Faculty and Academic Affairs provides resources that can enhance your teaching skills and optimize the learning environment for your students.
- The Teaching Academy is a community of practice dedicated to helping all GUMC faculty flourish as educators.
- The MedStar Teaching Scholars program is open to clinician educators from across MedStar Health.
- The Cura Personalis Fellowship program is an innovative teaching-learning development program available to any Georgetown-affiliated physician or resident is eligible to apply for participation in the Cura Personalis Fellowship. Residents must have at least 4 years of training left at the time of application.
- GUMC Tool for Inclusive Pedagogy
- Additional helpful educational links can provide tools as you plan your classes.
We recommend that you also explore the additional opportunities, programs, and events on the Center for New Designs & Learning Scholarship. You may also explore upcoming events and program applications that may aid you in your teaching on our events page.
- Please visit the GU Instructional Continuity website for complete information on all resources available to help you with the virtual learning environment. Please also review COVID-19 Resources for Faculty.
- Please review the resources in the Instructional Continuity box folder created by the Office of Faculty and Academic Affairs. If you know of a resource, announcement, or information that should be added to this box folder, please contact Karen.Bokoski@georgetown.edu.
- Compilation of Resources on Racial Justice: We encourage members of the Georgetown University Medical Center to educate themselves and others using these resources and the resources listed on other Georgetown main sites to learn and discuss ways that we can work together in solidarity and act against the inequalities that exist in this world.