Every GUMC faculty member fulfills one common, basic requirement: to participate in the center’s educational mission.
As a GUMC faculty member, you are responsible for educating society’s future physicians, scientists, nurses, and other health care professionals.
The Office of Faculty and Academic Affairs provides resources that can enhance your teaching skills and optimize the learning environment for your students.
- The Teaching Academy is a community of practice dedicated to helping all GUMC faculty flourish as educators.
- The MedStar Teaching Scholars program is open to clinician educators from across MedStar Health.
- The Cura Personalis Fellowship program is an innovative teaching-learning development program available to any Georgetown-affiliated physician or resident is eligible to apply for participation in the Cura Personalis Fellowship. Residents must have at least 4 years of training left at the time of application.
- Additional helpful educational links can provide tools as you plan your classes.
We recommend that you also explore the additional opportunities, programs, and events on the Center for New Designs & Learning Scholarship. You may also explore upcoming events and program applications that may aid you in your teaching on our events page.
- Introducing Panopto: Panopto is a cloud-based lecture capture service to replace services previously provided by Echo360. Panopto is a premier video lecture capture tool that has been successfully adopted by many of our peer institutions. Panopto is available to faculty, staff, and students as a replacement for Echo360, which will be removed from both Blackboard and Canvas. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.