Step 3: Adjunct Faculty
Health Systems Administration, Human Science, International Health, Professional Nursing Practice, and Advanced Nursing Practice, DNAP
All applicants should forward to their prospective Department Chair the following:
- The CV must be formatted using the NHS template and signed by the applicant
- Sections that are not applicable should be indicated with N/A or deleted from the format
- NHS CV Template
- For Adjunct Professor the applicant needs three letters of recommendation
- Letters are addressed to the Chair of the Department
- Letters must be submitted on letterhead and physically signed (not typed) by the writer
- Writers must type their name and current rank underneath their signature
- Writers must identify the track and rank the applicant is applying for, and whether the applicant is going for appointment or promotion in the letter
- The three letters of support are from individuals holding a Georgetown faculty appointment who are familiar with the applicants qualifications as a scholar, educator, colleague, and clinician, where applicable
- All letters should come from writers who are at or above the rank sought by the applicant
- Should be dated no earlier than four months before submission via Interfolio
- If submitting an official graduate school transcript, you must complete a transcript request form (provided by Department Chair or Admin) to request official transcripts
- No more than six of the candidate’s major scholarly publications completed since appointment or the last promotion should be included in the dossier.
- Provide systematic or summary of all teaching evaluations at Georgetown University School of Nursing & Health Stuides and/or previous institutions
- Note: Individual student evaluations will not be accepted and will result in a return of application.
The Chair then prepares a letter, which includes the role the faculty will play in the department. All materials are then posted on the secure department blackboard site for review by the Executive faculty within the department. Each department then follows the department voted upon procedure for approving the adjunct faculty member at the appropriate determined rank. A request to switch from adjunct to part-time or full-time status must be reviewed and approved by APT. Recommendation for approval is then forwarded to the Dean.
Processes and Terms
Each NHS department has a specific process for Adjunct applications. Please review the NHS Departmental Policies and Procedures for Adjunct Faculty for complete details.
If you have any questions about this process, please contact the appropriate Department Chair or Admin.
For appointments, applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Please review the APT Meeting Schedule. For promotions, applications must be submitted on March 1st or August 1st.
Please work with your Department Administrator or Human Resources Contact (HRC) to discuss the application process and when they need the paperwork from you before the deadline.