Onboarding Appointment Description
**Please note: Before applying for the onboarding appointment, please speak with your Clerkship Director and Academic Chair to confirm this is the best process for you.**
The Georgetown University Medical Center Office of Faculty and Academic Affairs is pleased to present the on-boarding faculty appointment process for non-university employees on the Clinician or Clinician Educator tracks. This process is available to anyone seeking an initial faculty appointment and is primarily intended for those individuals starting immediately in a teaching role. To participate in our Undergraduate Medical Student program individuals must have an offer extended by the respective Academic Chair to work with students. Please provide the necessary documents (below) prior to the start date or as soon after the start date as possible.
The process is expedited by minimizing the scope of required documents and will be limited to an on-boarding instructor rank. The term of this on-boarding appointment is for one year only, with the expectation that those appointed through this route submit a transitioning application within the year for a more appropriate rank and track.
Onboarding Appointment Checklist
Discuss with your academic chair.
Before you do any of the below, you must first discuss with your academic chair and confirm the appropriate appointment or promotion for you.
- All sections of this form should be completed
- Form should be signed by the applicant, primary department chair, and secondary department chair if applicable
- The clerkship director submits a letter using the template letter provided by OFAA, which verifies that the applicant will be teaching medical students and has received the procedures and policies associated with being a faculty member.
- Clerkship Director’s Teaching Verification Template
- Evidence of highest degree is provided in one of the following formats: notarized copy of degree, letter from the registrar, notarized copy of ECFMG certificate, verification from the American Medical Association, or copy of transcript
- Degree release and verification form
- Evidence of Board Certification is provided in one of the following formats: Letter from certifying board, verification from the American Medical Association, copy of board certificate, ABMS verification
- Board Certification should be current and include end date of certification
- Board Certification
- The confidential form must at least have the contact information portion of the form completed. The remainder of the form, which includes the demographic, veteran, and disability information is only requested as the University does not require that applicants disclose or declare this information.
- Note: This form is for OFAA records and will not be viewed by the Committee on Appointments and Promotions
- Confidential Form
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Submit to the Office of Faculty and Academic Affairs (OFAA) at least 4 weeks prior to anticipated CAP review meeting. Please review the CAP Deadlines and Meeting Schedule (also posted below). Please work with your Department Administrator or Human Resources Contact (HRC) to discuss the application process and when they need the paperwork from you before the deadline.
|Deadline for Departments to submit applications||Appointment, Promotions, and Tenure Committee Meeting Dates: 11 AM|
|Monday, August 14, 2023||Monday, September 11, 2023|
|Monday, September 11, 2023||Monday, October 9, 2023|
|Monday, October 9, 2023||Monday, November 13, 2023|
|Monday, November 13, 2023||Monday, December 11, 2023|
|Monday, December 11, 2023||Monday, January 8, 2024|
|Monday, January 8, 2024||Monday, February 12, 2024|
|Monday, February 12, 2024||Monday, March 11, 2024|
|Monday, March 11, 2024||Monday, April 8, 2024|
|Monday, April 8, 2024||Monday, May 13, 2024|
|Monday, May 13, 2024||Monday, June 10, 2024|
|Monday, June 10, 2024||Monday, July 8, 2024|
Please note the above deadline dates apply to all faculty applications (all tracks except tenure appointments/promotions at associate professor or higher) that should be submitted to the Medical Center Office of Faculty and Academic Affairs (OFAA). These applications will be forwarded to the Medical School Committee on Appointments and Promotions (CAP) for action in accordance with the schedule indicated. Applications received after the deadline date will be held over until the next Committee meeting.