At least once a year the Office of Faculty and Academic Affairs will host an in-person workshop that introduces the tracks, the appointment and promotion application process, as well as the resources available to all GUMC Faculty.
You are also welcome to request a presentation for your department or office by emailing Dr. Priscilla Furth, Associate Dean for Faculty Development, and Karen Bokoski, Faculty Development Coordinator. To find out other upcoming events and program applications, you can visit our events page.
You can view past presentations below:
- NHS Lines: Tenure, Educator, Research, and Adjunct (2019)
- Tenure track presentation (December, 2018)
- Medical Educator track (2019)
- Research track presentation (2019)
- Clinical and Biomedical Tracks: Clinician, Clinician Educator, Clinician Scholar, Biomedical Educator, Biomedical Scholar (2019)
Spring 2019 Workshops
April 16, 2019
2 - 3:30 PM, Medical-Dental Building, Room NE 201C or via Zoom
Medical Educator track Appointment, Promotions, and Mentoring Workshop
The GUMC Office of Faculty and Acdemic Affairs is pleased to present the Appointment, Promotions, and Development Workshop for all faculty and interested potential faculty members on the Medical Eduactor Track.
This event will be hosted by:
- Dr. Elliott Crooke, Senior Associate Dean for Faculty and Academic Affairs
- Dr. Priscilla Furth, Associate Dean for Faculty Development
- Dr. Guinevere Eden, Chair for the Committee on Appointment and Promotions.
Who should attend? Anyone interested in appointments, promotions, or mentoring for faculty on Medical Educator track.
What will be presented? Presenters will discuss criteria for appointment and promotion on the Medical Educator track, outline the process to apply, and present Faculty Development options.