Annual Evaluation Process
Step by Step Faculty Evaluation Process
For detailed instructions on how to complete the self-evaluation, you can view the Faculty Performance Evaluation Guide. You can also review the Faculty Performance Evaluation Discussion Guide to view tips and best practices to ensure a productive meeting. **Please note that this process only applies to university-employed faculty.**
- All eligible university employed faculty will complete a self-evaluation. The evaluation can be submitted using the Self-Evaluation Form Template and Education Dashboard.
- For early career faculty, the self-evaluation forms will then be reviewed by the primary appointment Department, Division, or Unit Performance Review Committee, using well-defined anchors. The Committee will provide a summary of the faculty member’s performance to the Chair or Unit Head.
- The Chair or Unit Head will then meet with the faculty member to review their performance and set goals/expectations for the next year.
- As in previous years, review of the performance and setting goals/expectations of tenured faculty members will be conducted by the Department Chair or Academic Unit Head.
The faculty are evaluated based on their work during the most recent calendar year (January 1 – December 31, 2022). Deadlines for the annual evaluation process are set by the Vice President for Faculty & Academic Affairs. Below is the timeline of events:
- Self – Evaluation and Education Dashboard: Submit to Department Chair, Division Director, or Unit Head by Friday, February 24, 2023
- Performance Review Committee discussion (These meetings can be initiated as soon as the Faculty Self Evaluation Forms begin coming in to the Department Chair, Division Director, or Unit Head): Friday, March 10, 2023
- Departments/Units submit final merit scores to the Office of Faculty and Academic Affairs and GUMC Financial Affairs: Friday, April 7, 2023. Departments and Academic Units should maintain all documents of the annual evaluation process.
- Self – Evaluation Form Template
- Education Dashboard
- Faculty Performance Evaluation Guide
- Annual Faculty Goals Worksheet
- Faculty Performance Evaluation Discussion Guide
- Recommendations for Merit Increase Form (Part B)
- Recommendation for Bonus Form (Part C)
- Performance Evaluation Committee documents
- Chair/Unit Head documents