Annual Evaluation Process
Step by Step Faculty Evaluation Process
For detailed instructions on how to complete the self-evaluation, you can view the Faculty Performance Evaluation Guide. **Please note that this process only applies to university-employed faculty.**
- All eligible university employed faculty will complete a self-evaluation. The evaluation can be submitted using the Self-Evaluation Form Template and Education Dashboard.
- For junior faculty, the self-evaluation forms will then be reviewed by the primary appointment Department/Division or Program Performance Review Committee, using well-defined anchors. The Committee will provide a summary of the faculty member’s performance to the Chair/Division or Program Director.
- The Chair/Division or Program Director will then meet with the faculty member to review their performance and set goals/expectations for the next year.
- As in previous years, review of the performance and setting goals/expectations of tenured faculty members will be conducted by the Department Chair.
The faculty are evaluated based on their work during the most recent calendar year (January 1 – December 31, 2019). Deadlines for the annual evaluation process are set by the Senior Associate Dean for Faculty & Academic Affairs. Below is the timeline of events:
- Self – Evaluation and Education Dashboard: Submit to Department Chair by Friday, February 21, 2020
- Performance Review Committee discussion (These meetings can be initiated as soon as the Faculty Self Evaluation Forms begin coming in to the Department Chair/Division Chief or Program Director): Friday, March 6, 2020
- Departments submit final performance evaluations to the Office of Faculty and Academic Affairs and merit score spreadsheets GUMC Financial Affairs: Friday, April 3, 2020
- Self – Evaluation Form Template
- Education Dashboard
- Faculty Performance Evaluation Guide
- Annual Faculty Goals Worksheet
- Recommendations for Merit Increase Form (Part B)
- Recommendation for Bonus Form (Part C)
- Performance Evaluation Committee documents
- Chair documents