NHS Appointment, Promotion, Tenure (APT) Committee
SNHS Appointment, Promotion, and Tenure (APT) Committee
The purpose of the APT Committee is to promote and maintain the quality of the faculty of the School of Nursing & Health Studies.
The responsibilites of the Committee are to:
- Advise the Dean regarding faculty appointment, rank, and tenure
- Periodically, in consultation with the appropriate departmental chairs, review the progress of tenure-line faculty
- Periodically review the portfolios of non-tenure-line faculty who want to be promoted
- As needed review and if necessary revise appointment, rank, and tenure procedures for reccommendation to the Executive Faculty
- Ensure appropriateness of process and standards for selection of candidates
You can learn more about the review process, and tips for your application in this brief Appointment, Promotion and Tenure Committee PowerPoint presentation. Please also be sure to review the APT deadlines and meeting schedule. You can also find them on "Step 3" of any line/rank page when going through the 1-2-3 steps in the previous page.
A faculty member should never attempt to contact any APT members regarding the status of their application. If you have any questions regarding your application, please speak with your department chair or administrator, and you can also contact the APT Secretary at email@example.com.