The Teaching Academy is a community of practice within the Center for Innovation and Leadership Education (CENTILE). The Teaching Academy strives to cultivate a community of faculty across the medical center dedicated to GUMC’s educational mission. The core purposes of the Teaching Academy are to nurture, recognize and reward excellent teaching at GUMC; to engage our faculty educator in ongoing professional development; and to foster educational excellent and scholarship in health sciences education.
The Teaching Academy Selection Committee meets three times per year: April, September, and December. Deadline for consideration is the 30th of the previous month. For example, the deadline for the April review is March 30. The deadline for the September review for Distinguished Educator is July 30 and August 30 for the other membership levels. Any faculty member at Georgetown University is welcome to apply.
Teaching Academy recent announcments and offerings:
- Peer Observation: We plan to launch a peer observation program to provide feedback to faculty members on their teaching in the coming academic year. We are assembling a task force to develop the program. Please join!
- Educational Scholarship Consultation: We will convene a team to provide educational scholarship consultation service to provide suggestions to faculty members on their educational research ideas, conference abstract, manuscripts, etc.
- 2019 Service Plan
- There are many ways to fulfill the 10-hour service requirement as academy members, such as serving in committees, developing and offering workshops, and presenting at the 6th Colloquium for Educators in the Health Professions Colloquium for Educators in the Health Professions. Submit an abstract to present at the Colloquium by February 28th.
- Please take a minute to fill out the following form to indicate your service plan.
- Needs Assessment Survey
- In December, we sent out a needs assessment survey. We value the input of the 23 members who informed the above initiatives. However, we would like to hear from all of our 112 members. If you have not filled the survey, we would really appreciate your taking three to five minutes to complete. It will be open till February 17th.