OFAA at a Glance
The Office of Faculty and Academic Affairs (OFAA) was established in 2003 originally by the School of Medicine. Soon after establishment, the office was broadened to be an accessible resource for all Georgetown University Medical Center faculty.
The original purpose was guided by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME) accreditation process in 2003. It was established to provide guidance and support to faculty career advancement and development. Today it has evolved into an office to inspire innovation, discovery, and development among all faculty.
The mission of the Office of Faculty and Academic Affairs (OFAA) is to grow and develop the faculty of the Georgetown University Medical Center. We oversee and guide faculty to important career development and advancement programs and processes.
We want to inspire innovation, discovery, and development in each one of our faculty. We desire all of our faculty to know that they can impact and drive their own career as well as others, and help them understand all of the available resources to aid them.
- Encourage professional and career advancement of faculty
- Welcome new faculty through online resources and available programs
- Facilitate the faculty mentoring program
- Oversee the process of faculty evaluation
- Assist with recruitment, appointment, and promotion of a diverse faculty
- Support the work on the Committee on Appointments and Promotions (CAP) and the Appointments, Promotions and Tenure (APT) Committee
- Organize programs to foster career development and hone professional skills
- Promote faculty interaction with the community through Mini-Med School
Within the Georgetown University Medical Center we have many campus partners and clinical affiliates that lead programs for the faculty, and we are happy to connect our faculty to programs, committee or resource that may assist them.
- Research Development Services
- Speed Grant Reviews
- Office of Sponsored Research
- Idea Labs
- Mock Study Sections
- MedStar Research Scholars
- And more!
Faculty Development Resources
- Faculty Orientation
- Faculty Mentoring
- Faculty Annual Evaluation
- Faculty Appointment and Promotion workshops
- Finding your Academic chair
- Georgetown CV template and assistance
- GUMC Committees
- Mini-Medical School
Explore our website to find out more about each of these programs, resources, and committees, or feel free to contact us. You can also find the upcoming events here.