GUMC Faculty Emotional Wellness Resources
Emotional wellness is about building a toolkit of healthy coping skills and interventions to handle life’s adversities with self-compassion and resilience.
- Daring to Thrive Program: Geared toward managers but open to all, the Daring to Thrive experience equips leaders with the knowledge, presence and mindset to boost their own wellness in addition to the wellness culture within their departments, across the University and out in their communities. This program is designed to both positively impact workplace wellness culture and support our faculty and staff to thrive through: practicing new wellness habits, enhancing leadership skills, elevating leadership presence, fostering a mindset for growth, possibility, creativity, and potential, deepening emotional intelligence and communication skills, managing change with clarity, courage and authenticity.
- Connect with the GUMC Faculty Diversity and Inclusion Subcommittee
- Georgetown Lombardi Arts and Humanities Program: The Arts and Humanities Program has several programs, sessions, and special events related to encouraging a creative and constructive response to illness. View the events schedule, which includes an expressive writing Zoom workshop, yoga and more.
- Faculty and Staff Assistance Program (FSAP): This university program provides free, confidential counseling, consultation, and educational services to faculty, staff and their immediate family members. They can assist with a variety of personal and work-related concerns, including mental health issues, workplace conflict, relationship problems, parenting stress, and substance abuse.
- MedStar Health Outpatient Psychiatry: 202-944-5400 (available to any faculty member, but payment may depend on employment)
For University-Employed Faculty Only
- Mindset: Georgetown University is offering all U.S.-based, benefits-eligible faculty and staff with this mental health resource through One Medical. The program gives you fast, convenient, and affordable access to one-on-one mental health help and coaching guidance over video appointments. The One Medical team will work with you on a personalized plan to help you feel calmer, happier, and more balanced. And if you’re not quite sure what you need or where to get started, their team can help you navigate your options. (Please note One Medical is available until December 31, 2023)
- Journey Proactive EAP (Employee Assistance Program): A comprehensive program designed to offer mental health, meditation and work-life services. Whether you’re seeking guidance on managing stress, looking for meditation techniques or need assistance with personal challenges, Journey can help. Learn more on the Journey webpage.
For MedStar Health Employed Faculty Only
- See the well-being initiatives available through the MedStar Center for Well-being for MedStar employees