Welcome to the Office of Faculty and Academic Affairs!
What we do:
Encourage professional and career advancement of faculty
Conduct New Faculty Orientation
Facilitate faculty mentoring
Oversee the process of Faculty Evaluation
Assist with recruitment, appointment, and promotion of a diverse faculty
Support the work of the Committee on Appointments and Promotions (CAP)
Organize programs to foster career development and hone professional skills
In the News
On May 1, 2017, the Office of Faculty and Academic Affairs presented at the 6th Annual MedStar Research Symposium. Our Office presented on Appointments, Promtions and Mentoring specifically for the Clinician and Biomedical Tracks. If you were not able to attend, you can view our presentation here. The presentation includes important information about the tracks, and also about the programs and resources available to help shape your career. Please feel free to reach out to our Office regarding any of the material in the presentation.
Twelve junior clinical faculty members recently graduated from the "Teaching Essentials for Clinical Faculty" program, which fosters teaching skills and knowledge development among early career faculty with mentorship from senior faculty members at MedStar Georgetown University Hospital and MedStar Washington Hospital Center.
This year’s course graduates are:
- Brian L. Bello, MD (colorectal surgery-MedStar Washington Hospital Center)
- Daniel R. Bunker, MD (rheumatology-MedStar Georgetown University Hospital)
- David Carlberg, MD (emergency medicine-MedStar Georgetown University Hospital)
- Rachel Harold, MD (internal medicine-Washington DC VA Medical Center)
- Alena Lira, MD (surgical critical care-MedStar Washington Hospital Center)
- Giovana L. Olivera, MD (hospitalist service-MedStar Washington Hospital Center)
- Jessica Palmer, MD (emergency medicine-MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital Center)
- Stephen Peterson, MD (psychiatry-MedStar Washington Hospital Center)
- Raphael Pristoop, MD (hospitalist service-MedStar Washington Hospital Center)
- Philippa Soskin, MD, MPP (emergency medicine-MedStar Georgetown University Hospital)
- Heidi M. Young, MD (Palliative Care-MedStar Georgetown University Hospital)
- Jennifer Yu, MD (Critical Care-MedStar Washington Hospital Center/Emergency Medicine-MedStar Southern Maryland Hospital)
Join us in congratulating them!