Welcome to the Office of Faculty and Academic Affairs!
What we do:
Encourage professional and career advancement of faculty
Conduct New Faculty Orientation
Facilitate faculty mentoring
Oversee the process of Faculty Evaluation
Assist with recruitment, appointment, and promotion of a diverse faculty
Support the work of the Committee on Appointments and Promotions (CAP)
Organize programs to foster career development and hone professional skills
Opportunity for Junior Faculty! KL2 Scholars Applications now being accepted!
Application process led by Georgetown - Howard Universities Center for Clinical and Translational Science (GHUCCTS)
Scholars program details:
- The award is for early career (MD or equivalent; doctorally-trained nurses, pharmacists, or dentists; and clinically or translationally-oriented PhD) faculty investigators
- Focused on developing participants through an inter- or multi-disciplinary mentored research experience so that they can become independent, extramurally funded investigators
- Will be awarded up to $90,000 salary support and $40,000 project support per year (for up to 3 years)
- Junior faculty with a full-time or equivalent appointment at GHUCCTS institution at the time of award activation are eligible to apply
- Scholars must devote 75% effort to the program for 3 years
- Scholars must be US Citizens, Non-Citizen Nationals, or Permanent Residents
- Pre-applications are due September 15, 2017 and final applications are due January 8, 2018
- Please see RFP for application requirements
- Please note: Individuals who were, or currently are Principle Investigator of NIH R01, P01, K01, K08, K22, and K23 grant ARE NOT eligible to apply.